This section expresses my gut feeling with regard to which NFL players I feel will have good days and those that will have bad ones. I remind everyone to take these picks with a grain of salt. They are certainly NOT meant to override our weekly rankings! They are based upon past performances as well as this week's match-up. The start of the season brings some very interesting match-ups, including the Atlanta Falcons at the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles, Houston at New England, and Dallas at Carolina. One piece of advice I always stand by concerning week #1 is the following… ALWAYS START YOUR BEST PLAYERS if they are HEALTHY and STARTING. It takes a while for trends to develop, so just because Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans is facing the Saints secondary on the road without QB Jameis Winston doesn't mean you should bench him for a player like Houston Texans WR Will Fuller. DON'T OVER-ANALYZE. You may live to regret it.
Look for these Picks to Click!
- QB Andy Dalton/CIN - The Colts defense still sucks.
- QB Kirk Cousins/MIN - Cousins gets off on the right foot at home against beatable 49ers.
- QB Drew Brees/NO - Lights it up at home against the Buccaneers.
- QB Philip Rivers/LAC - Burns the Chiefs secondary at home with surprising targets.
- QB Jared Goff/LAR - Faces the Raiders without Mack. Yum, yum.
- RB Alex Collins/BAL - Should score at home against the Bills.
- RB Joe Mixon/CIN - Have I said that the Colts defense sucks? I thought so.
- RB James White/NE - Will catch a lot of passes against the Texans at home.
- RB David Johnson/ARZ - Has it been a full year since we last saw you play? Welcome back!
- RB Kenyan Drake/MIA - Scores against the Titans at home.
- WR Mike Wallace/PHI - Catches a long one for a score at home against the Falcons.
- WR John Brown/BAL - Healthy and ready to produce against the Bills!
- WR A.J. Green/CIN - Lights it up against the Colts!
- WR Stefon Diggs/MIN - Big game coming at home against the 49ers.
- WR Allen Robinson/CHI - Debuts as a Bear with a score against the Packers.
- TE Zach Ertz/PHI - Foles will go to him a lot at home against the Falcons.
- TE Tyler Eifert/CIN - All Bengals are clicks against the Colts!
- TE Jordan Reed/WAS - Gut feeling he will be targeted heavily against the Cards.
Look to Flick these Picks!
- QB Ben Roethlisberger/PIT - Struggles on the road and if Bell doesn't show... Not good.
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo/MIN - Not a good time to start him on the road against the Vikings.
- QB Nathan Peterman/BUF - No way against the Ravens on the road!
- QB Ryan Fitzpatrick/TB - Will struggle on the road against an improved Saints defense.
- QB Patrick Mahomes/KC - A tough start on the road against a quality Chargers defense.
- RB LeSean McCoy/BUF - Will find it rough going on the road against the Ravens.
- RB Marlon Mack/IND - Not getting good vibes regarding him playing this week at all.
- RB Alfred Morris/SF - The Vikings will limit him. This could be a Breida game with short passes.
- RB Sony Michel/NE - A rookie who is hurting (knee). Yeah, like Belichick would play him a lot under those circumstances. No way.
- RB Ronald Jones/TB - A terrible preseason and he's not the starter. Sit him.
- WR Calvin Ridley/ATL - I want to see his role first before starting him.
- WR Kelvin Benjamin/BUF - Peterman to Benjamin for six against the Ravens? Nope.
- WR Josh Doctson/WAS - Not against Patrick Peterson.
- WR Amari Cooper/OAK - The Rams secondary is very good.
- WR Alshon Jeffery/PHI - Not expected to play this week (shoulder surgery).
- TE Cameron Brate/TB - The Saints will limit him, since they usually do.
- TE George Kittle/SF - Not 100% coming off a shoulder injury and the Vikings won't help.
- TE New York Jets/NYJ - Wait for a player to emerge and then consider him.