As the week has developed, some players on my first list may no longer be a click and some may no longer be a flick. In addition, other players may have emerged as clicks or flicks. Thus, this UPDATE has been born. In addition, I'm going to offer up some fantasy reaches to consider for owners in larger leagues that find themselves in a real bind due to injuries or other situations. It is my hope that this feature clarifies where I stand with regard to the following player potential for this week...
Look for these Picks to Click!
- QB Matt Ryan/ATL - Blows up against Da' Bears! He should be good for multiple TDs easily!
- QB Ben Roethlisberger/PIT - Hello Cleveland! I feel a good game coming here!
- QB Cam Newton/CAR - Should produce nicely against the 49ers. Easy peasy.
- QB Carson Wentz/PHI - Feeling it against the Redskins. I smell 2+ scores.
- QB Derek Carr/OAK - Throws multiple TDs against the Titans. He could throw for 3+ scores!
- RB Bilal Powell/NYJ - Should score on the Bills. He will roll up the yardage too.
- RB Todd Gurley/LAR - Blows up on the Colts! Could score multiple times!
- RB Lamar Miller/HOU - Scores against the Jaguars. Will produce nice yardage too.
- RB C.J. Anderson/DEN - Starts the season strong at home against the Chargers. He will score in this one.
- RB LeSean McCoy/BUF - Could be the entire offense against the Jets! He will be all over the field.
- WR Larry Fitzgerald/ARZ - Scores against the Lions. Another nice start to the season!
- WR Alshon Jeffery/PHI - See Wentz. He scores in this one.
- WR Kelvin Benjamin/CAR - Starts fast again. He also scores.
- WR Stefon Diggs/MIN - Hello New Orleans! He will score too!
- WR Martavis Bryant/PIT - I smell a long one for a TD here!
- TE Jimmy Graham/SEA - He will be needed to beat the Packers. Should start out on the right foot.
- TE Jordan Reed/WAS - If he starts, he will produce and you start him! He's healthy, so you start him!
- TE Delanie Walker/TEN - The Raiders always suck against the tight end. He scores in this game.
Look to Flick these Picks!
- QB Matthew Stafford/DET - Tough match-up against the Cardinals. He will struggle here.
- QB Dak Prescott/DAL - CAUTION PLAY. The Giants have his number. Less throwing with Zeke playing.
- QB Scott Tolzien/IND - NO WAY! UGLY.
- QB Blake Bortles/JAX - It could get ugly against the Texans.
- QB Mike Glennon/CHI - Will struggle without WR Cameron Meredith.
- RB Matt Forte/NYJ - What is his true role? How many touches will he get?
- RB Leonard Fournette/JAX - Start him if you must, but the Texans will limit him. Don't expect much here.
- RB Frank Gore/IND - Consider sitting him until Luck plays. Will face an 8-man box!
- RB Eddie Lacy/SEA - Not the starter for the Seahawks. Consider him only if Rawls sits.
- RB Jeremy Hill/CIN - May start, but will lose touches to both Mixon & Bernard facing a tough Ravens run defense. Won't get much beyond a possible score.
- WR Marvin Jones/DET - CB Patrick Peterson likely shuts him down. Tough matchup!
- WR Allen Robinson/JAX - Won't get much against the Texans on the road. Lower your expectations.
- WR Corey Davis/TEN - Take a wait and see attitude with the gimpy rookie. Great talent, but he's not 100%.
- WR T.Y. Hilton/Donte Moncrief/IND - Temper your expectations without Luck on the field. This could get UGLY.
- WR Kenny Britt/CLE - Not feeling it for him in Cleveland.
- TE Jack Doyle/IND - See Hilton & Moncrief. Bench him.
- TE David Njoku/CLE - Play the wait and see game here. Who knows what his role is!
- TE Vernon Davis/WAS - Only start worthy if TE Jordan Reed sits.
Fantasy Reaches for Week #1:
QB Tyrod Taylor/BUF - He's starting and the Jets suck.
QB Sam Bradford/MIN - The Saints are a beatable defensive unit.
RB Adrian Peterson/NO - If you like the revenge play, this one could be the ultimate one!
RB Jamaal Charles/DEN - One of his 8-10 touches could be a long TD run.
WR Ted Ginn/NO - Starts in place of WR Willie Snead for the next three weeks.
WR Zay Jones/BUF - The rookies gets the start against the lowly Jets.
TE Charles Clay/BUF - Another Bill starter playing the Jets!
TE Vance McDonald/PIT - Could start and faces the Browns this week.