During the season, I highlight specific players due to their recent performances on the field of play. The three categories are listed below. Upgrades are players on the rise. If you own these players you should either hold them and start them or look to trade them if they are playing way over their head. Downgrades are sliding players. If you own these players, you should consider benching them until they turn their performances around or consider waiving them if you can’t trade them and they’ve gone completely in the tank. Stead-Eddies are consistent fantasy producers, both good and bad. Start or look to acquire the good. Bench or waive the bad. Let’s take a look at what comes to mind after week #9…
- QB Marcus Mariota/TEN - Even his mistakes are working well for more fantasy production down the road in games.
- QB Eli Manning/NYG - Back on track!
- QB Jameis Winston/TB - Thrives against the weaker teams.
- QB Matt Ryan/ATL - Has returned to elite status.
- RB Melvin Gordon/SD - Has reached elite status.
- RB Frank Gore/IND - Still has a nose for the end zone.
- RB Dujuan Harris/SF - SELL HIGH to the Carlos Hyde owner!
- RB Mark Ingram/NO - No fumbles! What a difference a week makes!
- WR Mike Evans/TB - The new king of the mountain!
- WR T.Y. Hilton/IND - Nowhere go but up after last week's flop.
- WR Tyrell Williams/SD - See what happens when he doesn't face Denver?
- WR Julio Jones/ATL - See Hilton.
- TE Greg Olsen/CAR - Rebounds from his first poor game of the season.
- TE Jason Witten/DAL - Loving those games against terrible opponents.
- TE Antonio Gates/SD - He still has it!
- QB Derek Carr/OAK - Everyone struggles against the Broncos. BUY LOW.
- QB Ryan Tannehill/MIA - Taking a back seat to the good running game right now.
- QB Ryan Fitzpatrick/NYJ - Back to throwing multiple picks in games.
- QB Andrew Luck/IND - First game under 20 points since week #3!
- RB Derrick Henry/TEN - Pre-game warm-up injuries are a fantasy killer.
- RB Theo Riddick/DET - Everyone struggles against the Vikings. BUY LOW.
- RB Jay Ajayi/MIA - He was due to cool off, but remains productive.
- RB Devontae Booker/DEN - Hitting the rookie wall?
- WR Amari Cooper/Michael Crabtree/OAK - See Carr.
- WR Marvin Jones/DET - Really struggling against top corner coverage.
- WR Quincy Enunwa/NYJ - Was due for a poor game.
- WR Allen Hurns/JAX - Wow. A ZERO and two injuries! UGH.
- TE Dennis Pitta/BAL - No longer Flacco's binky?
- TE Julius Thomas/JAX - It sucks when he doesn't score.
- TE Larry Donnell/NYG - Where did you go?
- QB Aaron Rodgers/GB - Three big games in a row!
- QB Sam Bradford/MIN - Three straight mediocre games.
- QB Case Keenum/LA - Back-to-back stinkers
- RB Isaiah Crowell/CLE - Three straight solid games.
- RB Terrance West/BAL - Back-to-back dumpster fire games.
- RB Matt Forte/NYJ - Four scores in the past three games.
- WR Demaryius Thomas/DEN - Has caught 5 or 6 passes every week since week #2.
- WR Jordy Nelson/GB - Back-to-back games with 94 receiving yards and a score.
- WR Stefon Diggs/MIN - Back-to-back productive games.
- TE Clive Walford/OAK - Six crappy games in a row.
- TE Eric Ebron/DET - Back-to-back quality games.
- TE Gary Barnidge/CLE - Nine straight games without a score.